Philip’s have just announced a monitor that ticks almost all the boxes without breaking the bank. The 436M6VBPAB is the first DisplayHDR 1000 monitor to the market.
The display boasts almost every single technology you could hope for:
- 4K Quantom Dot display
- HDR with 10 bit support
- Typical brightness of 720nits up to 1000 peak with local dimming
- 60Hz display with the ability to overclock
- Multiview display
- Ambiglow that means the colours on the edge of your display will flow onto the room around you
- DTS sound although many will likely opt for their own sound sollution
- Adaptive Sync
- USB-C 3.1 for easy docking.
This is the first display to adhere to the Vesa’s DisplayHDR 1000 rating and at a price point of $999 it appears to tick almost every box. The only thing missing is higher refresh rate, however, considering HDR Gsync displays have been rumours to be starting at around the $3000 price point this is a welcome sight.
The full brochure can be found here.
The monitor will be available later this summer according to HEXUS.